* Severe storms whip up 62 mph gusts at Brainerd Sunday afternoon, strong enough to bring down a few big trees in nearby Baxter.
* 84 degree high at St. Cloud Sunday, 83 in the Twin Cities, but only 50 at Duluth and 48 at Grand Marais.
* Sun reappears today, about 15 degrees cooler than yesterday.
* Basically dry weather prevails through Thursday.
* Growing chance of showers, even some steadier, heavier rain by Friday, potential for heavier, steadier weekend rain - unusually cool, with weekend highs in the 50s (north) to 60s (south).
Curious about the current temperature trends across Minnesota and the USA? Coolwx.com has a great site where you can call up everything from current temperatures to cloud cover, wind speeds - all very intuitive and easy to interpret. You can also see, at any given time, where the hottest, coldest and wettest spot on Earth is (which can leave you feeling a little better about our current state of the atmosphere). To see the very latest conditions click here.
MAX/MIN TEMPERATURE AND PRECIPITATION TABLE FOR MINNESOTA
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TWIN CITIES/CHANHASSEN MN
717 PM CDT SUN MAY 31 2009
VALUES REPRESENT 12 HOUR HIGH...18 HOUR LOW
AND PRECIPITATION OVER THE LAST 24 HOURS
SNOW FALL OVER THE LAST 24 HOURS AND SNOW DEPTH AT 6PM
.BR MSP 0531 C DH18/TAIRZY/TAIRZI/PP
: STATION MAX MIN 24-HR
: NAME TEMP TEMP PCPN
AXN : ALEXANDRIA MN ARPT : 87 / 47 / T
STC : ST CLOUD MN ARPT : 84 / 36 / 0.00
MSP : MINNEAPOLIS MN ARPT : 83 / 47 / 0.00
RWF : REDWOOD FALLS MN ARPT : 88 / 45 / 0.01
DLH : DULUTH AIRPORT : 50 / 32 / 0.52
INL : INTERNATIONAL FALLS : 54 / 30 / 0.08
HIB : HIBBING ARPT : 54 / 27 / 0.42
GNA : GRAND MARAIS MN : 48 / 36 / 0.08
RST : ROCHESTER MN ARPT : 79 / 44 / T
Today: Getting sunnier, pleasantly mild. Winds: East/Northeast 5-15. High: 74
Tonight: Mostly clear and cool. Low: 50
Tuesday: Partly cloudy, cooler breeze. High: 67
Wednesday: Mostly sunny, milder. High: 71
Thursday: Mild sun, temperatures where they should be in early June. High: 75
Friday: More clouds, unsettled, chance of a shower or T-shower. High: 66
Saturday: Potential for steadier rain, breezy, cool and damp. High: 68 (50s up north)
Sunday: Lingering clouds and showers, possible thunder, cool for June. High: 66