Saturday, August 15, 2009

Another Free Lawn Watering

My name is Todd Nelson and I am addicted to sports. I felt like I had a problem yesterday, frantically, flipping between the 91st PGA Champoinship at Hazeltine in Chaska Minnesota, the Vikings preseason football game and the Minnesota Twins. My poor wife must think I'm nuts when I miss the play of the game during live coverage, thank goodness for replays and ESPN. I know there's more to life than fantasy football, baseball, etc. etc. etc. but it's tough not to be in awe of human beings that can master these games. The other thing I am in awe of is the weather. Every time I look into the sky, I wonder how lucky we are to see such activity floating passed the window. Some days are better than others, but you catch my drift. Thunderstorms are among some of the most interesting phenomena on earth along with tornadoes. I am happy to report that another free lawn watering is expected this weekend across parts of the state. Take a look at the image below from NOAA's HPC:

The latest computer runs show over 1" of liquid this weekend for parts of central Minnesota. The image below shows the radar late Friday evening, which is likely to occur again Saturday evening and Sunday evening, but there will be an eastward shift in this precip as the weekend rolls on.

If you have outdoor plans this weekend or have tickets to see some of the best golfers in the world take on Tiger in Chaska, you may want to bring that umbrella just in case. At this point, Sunday is looking like the wetter day of the weekend with, perhaps, a delay or two at the course, stay tuned for further updates. The weather model (here) shows the precip finally pushing east of the area, just in time for the work week to begin. I'll keep my fingers, toes and eyes crossed, in hopes that every outdoor activity planned this weekend goes on without a weather hitch. Hopefully the soaking rains will come while we're all in bed, dreaming of that birdie putt at 18 to win the championship or the walk off grand slam to win the game. Maybe your plans include an outdoor wedding or a family reunion... I hope EVERYTHING stays dry, I hate being the one to blame. I am hoping for the best possible weekend for you and yours, enjoy it, regardless of the weather (even if it sours/dampens your day).

Photograph: Melissa Brandts

Todd's Outlook

Saturday: Partly sunny and unsettled with scatterd showers and storms developing late. High: 86

Tonight: Scattered showers and storms likely with localized heavy rain. Low: 68

Sunday: Cooler, cloudier, unstable with scattered showers and T-storms. High: 80

Monday: Sunnier, cooler and less humid. High: 76

Tuesday: Mix of clouds and sun, slight chance of a passing shower or storm. High: 79

Wednesday: Partly sunny with lingering showers. High: 78

Thursday: Cooler than average temperatures continue, still unsettled. High 77

Friday: A passing shower or storm chance in the afternoon. High 78

No comments:

Post a Comment