* 27 F. at Embarrass, MN Sunday morning - coldest in the state (possibly the coldest anywhere in the lower 48 states!) 32 degree low at International Falls, Ely, Silver Bay and Crane Lake.
* 36 F. reported Sunday morning at Little Falls and Benson, 35 at Hayward, Wisconsin.
* Frost advisory in effect north/east of Lake Mille Lacs for Sunday night. Combination of dry, Canadian air, clear skies and diminishing winds should create ideal conditions for a rare, late-summer frost for parts of northeastern MN and northern Wisconsin.
* Monday morning record low of 40 degrees in the Twin Cities in danger of being broken.
* St. Cloud record for August 31: 33 F. set in 1974
* 62 degree "high" at Eau Claire, WI Saturday - sets a record for the coolest August 29 on record.
Graphic courtesy of the Twin Cities National Weather Service
* Dry week shaping up - showers/T-storms remain just south and west of Minnesota through the period.
* It's early but right now next Saturday appears to be the best outdoor day of the Labor Day weekend. Scattered showers and T-storms likely Sunday and Monday, not a steady rain, but a few hours of showers possible each day.
* Highs mostly in the mid to upper 70s every day this week, near 80 by the weekend (with higher humidity levels).
Today: Plenty of sun, light winds, low humidity. Winds: NW 5-10. High: near 70
Tonight: Clear, near-record chill - patchy frost for parts of northeastern MN. Low: 42
Monday: Plenty of sun, a bit milder. High: 74
Tuesday: Warm sun, hard to concentrate. High: 77
Wednesday: Dim sun through high clouds, showers/storms should stay south/west of the area. High: 76
Thursday: Mostly sunny, still dry. High: 78
Friday: Great start to the holiday weekend - generous sunshine. High: 81
Saturday: Partly cloudy, possibly the nicest outdoor day. High: near 80
Sunday: More clouds, a few scattered showers/T-storms. High: 78
Monday (Labor Day): Intervals of sun, sticky, a few more showers/storms. High: 79