* Thermometers brush 70 in the metro area for the first time all year in some suburbs.
* Red Flag Warning remains in effect for central, south central and southeastern Minnesota; risk of brushfires remains high due to gusty winds, low humidity, bright sun and a lack of rain.
* Thursday: 12th day in a row with no rain in central Minnesota.
* Afternoon temperature at Duluth Harbor: 39, with a chilling breeze off Lake Superior
* 3.6% of Minnesota suffering from severe drought conditions (far southeast, along the Mississippi River; 41% of Wisconsin in a severe drought right now).
* Low 70s likely Friday as high clouds increase, most of Saturday stays dry.
* Southern storm arrives with a cold rain Sunday. Have a Plan B, indoors Temperatures may hold in the 40s to near 50.
* Nice warm-up returns for next week.
Today: Partly to mostly cloudy, still mild, still dry. Winds: S/SW 10-20. High: 72
Tonight: Patchy clouds, a shower or two far western MN. Low: 44
Saturday: (Not great, but probably the better day of the weekend). Mostly cloudy and cooler. A period of rain arrives Saturday night. High: near 62
Sunday: Periods of rain, chilly. Steadiest rains fall south/east of St. Cloud. High: 50 (falling into the 40s later).
Monday: Better, becoming partly sunny. High: 57
Tuesday: Plenty of sun, feels like spring again. High: 63
Wednesday: Fading sun, May returns! High: near 70
Thursday: Chance of showers, possible thunder. High: 67
Friday: Showers and T-storms, turning cooler. High: 59
Saturday (April 25). Leftover clouds, cool. High: 54
Sunday: Better, more sun, milder. High: 65
Monday: Sun fades behind increasing clouds. High: 63
Tuesday: Showers, possible thunder. High: 68
Wednesday: Rain lingers, cooler. High: 63
Thursday: Turning gusty and cooler, lot's of clouds. High: 54