* 85 Thursday in the cities, 1 degree shy of an all-time record (86 in 1990). Normal high for this date is 61. Other highs: 84 at St. Cloud, 92 at Redwood Falls.
* Red Flag Warning remains posted for very high brushfire threat, winds gust over 30 mph.
* Cool frontal passage sparks showers/storms Friday, a tiny percentage may be severe (especially south/east of the Twin Cities). Expect some watches/warnings Friday.
* Slight severe threat southern/eastern MN and much of Wisconsin/Iowa.
* 30-35 degrees cooler by Saturday, periods of rain likely.
Thursday night: Windy and unseasonably warm, more like mid summer! Low: 64
Friday: Unsettled, still mild. Scattered showers/T-storm, some strong to severe in southern Minnesota. High: 73
Saturday: Mostly cloudy, scattered showers, even a period of steadier rain. Cooler. High: 54
Sunday: Lingering clouds, sprinkle. Cooler. High: 56
Monday: Spotty shower. High: 58
Tuesday: Partly sunny, shower possible. High: 60
Wednesday: Lingering clouds, cool. High: 54
Thursday: Passing clouds and sun. High: 57
Friday: An unsettled sky, risk of pm thunder? High: near 65
Saturday (May 3). Warmer, partly sunny. High: 69
Sunday: Weather maps looking warmer, sunnier. High: Near 70
Monday: Afternoon thunder? High: mid 70's
Tuesday: Cooler, lingering showers. High: mid 60's
Wednesday: Chance of a dripping sky. High: Near 60