* Red Flag Warning in effect for much of Minnesota, including Twin Cities metro area. Combination of low relative humidity (10-15%), gusty winds and bright sun means a very high risk of brushfires.
* Today: 11th dry day in a row in the Twin Cities.
* 70 a real possibility across the area later today, again Friday.
* Slight chance of an isolated shower or T-shower Thursday PM over far western MN, most of the rain should hold off until Saturday night and Sunday.
* Cold enough aloft for a few flurries Sunday night? Right now no accumulation is expected close to home.
* Rapid warming returns next week, more 60s by midweek.
* Another chance of (more significant) rain toward the end of next week.
* Don Shelby files a story on WeatherNation tonight at 10 PM on Channel 4.
Today: RED FLAG WARNING (HIGH RISK OF BRUSHFIRES STATEWIDE). Fading sun, breezy and mild. Winds: S/SE 10-20, higher gusts. High: 68
Tonight: Patchy high clouds, not as chilly. Low: 42
Friday: A mix of clouds and sun, still mild. High: near 70
Saturday: Mostly cloudy, showery rains expected to move in by Saturday night, cooler. High: 58
Sunday: Periods of rain, possibly ending as a little wet snow/flurries Sunday night. High: 45
Monday: Getting sunnier, a bit milder. High: 53
Tuesday: Mostly sunny, feels like spring again! High: 57
Wednesday: Spring Fever Alert. Lukewarm sun, hard to focus. High: 64
Thursday: Clouds increase. High: 67
Friday: Rain likely, heavy at times. High: 62
Saturday: Showers linger, the damper day of the weekend. High: 56
Sunday: Wet start, early puddles, then increasing sunshine by PM. High: near 60
Monday: Mix of clouds and sun, seasonable. High: 63
Tuesday: Sun giving way to increasing clouds. High: 65