* Brushfires flare up in the Twin Cities metro area (around Shakopee).
* Afternoon temperatures range from 70 at Canby & Redwood Falls to a chilly 39 at the Duluth harbor (the result of a cold breeze off Lake Superior, where water temperatures are still stuck in the upper 30s).
* 70 a real possibility across central Minnesota Thursday, again Friday.
* Slight chance of an isolated shower or T-shower Thursday PM, most of the rain should hold off until Saturday night and Sunday.
* Cold enough aloft for a little wet snow or flurries Sunday night. Right now no accumulation is expected.
* Rapid warming returns next week, more 60s by midweek.
* Another chance of (more significant) rain toward the end of next week.
* Happy Tax Day. Better yet, Happy Earth Day!
* Tune into WCCO AM 830 between 4 and 5 pm, and WCCO 4 News at 10 pm for an update on WeatherNation, reported by Don Shelby.
Tonight: Clear and comfortably cool. Low: 39
Thursday: Fading sun, breezy and mild. Winds: S/SE 10-20, higher gusts. High: 68
Friday: A mix of clouds and sun, still mild. High: near 70
Saturday: Mostly cloudy, showery rains expected to move in by Saturday night, cooler. High: 58
Sunday: Periods of rain, possibly ending as a little wet snow/flurries Sunday night. High: 45
Monday: Getting sunnier, a bit milder. High: 53
Tuesday: Mostly sunny, feels like spring again! High: 57
Wednesday: Spring Fever Alert. Lukewarm sun, hard to focus. High: 64
Thursday: Clouds increase. High: 67
Friday: Rain likely, heavy at times. High: 62
Saturday: Showers linger, the damper day of the weekend. High: 56
Sunday: Wet start, early puddles, then increasing sunshine by PM. High: near 60
Monday: Mix of clouds and sun, seasonable. High: 63
Tuesday: Sun giving way to increasing clouds. High: 65