* 73 degree high on Friday, some 10-15 degrees above normal for April 17. Average high: 58.
* More statistics: average date of the first 70 in the metro area? April 13. (thanks to Pete Boulay at the MN State Climate Office for that nugget of information).
* Today: nicer day of the weekend, some fleeting sun possible (especially south & east of Twin Cities, where highs may top 70).
* Winds shift to the north/northeast later today, keeping us 5-10 degrees cooler than Friday was.
* Best chance of light rain: tonight through midday Sunday.
* Some drying/brightening possible later in the day Sunday, but jacket weather returns, highs stuck in the 50s (40s north).
* Warming trend returns next week, more 60s likely by midweek.
* Growing shower/T-storm risk by Thursday/Friday of next week. The weekend outlook doesn't look promising for April 25/26 - some rain is likely, but that's GREAT NEWS for farmers, gardeners, and parched lawns and fields statewide.
Today: Nicer day of the weekend. More clouds than sun, dry most of the day. Winds: north/northeast 10-15. High: 65
Saturday night: A period of rain expected. Low: 49
Sunday: Not as nice. Mostly cloudy with light rain. Skies may dry/brighten by mid or late afternoon. High: 51
Monday: Plenty of sun, closer to "average" for mid April. High: 57
Tuesday: Sunny and milder, feeling feverish again! High: near 60
Wednesday: Fading sun, almost balmy! High: near 70
Thursday: Unsettled (but warm) with a growing chance of a shower or T-storm. High: 74
Friday: Some sun, another shower or two nearby. High: 68
Saturday (April 25): More clouds than sun - few showers, possible thunder. High: 69
Sunday: Showers taper early, turning cooler. High: 60 (falling into the 50s)
Monday: Some sun (heavier rain Monday night). High: 55
Tuesday: Chilly! Rain, possibly heavy at times. High: 48
Wednesday: Another shower or two. High: 53
Thursday (April 30): Partly sunny, breezy. High: 56
Friday: Cool, potentially showery. High: near 50