Headlines for the Twin Cities
* Wren sightings in Mendota Heights - another sure sign that spring really IS here!
* Ice coming off Lake Minnetonka - about 4-5 days earlier than average.
* No significant rain (or snow/ice) in sight for the next 7-8 days.
* Weekend temperatures reach the mid 50s, a few degrees ABOVE average. 60 isn't out of the question close to home.
* Slight chance of rain by the end of next week.
* Rivers slowly receding across central MN, but flood threat remains very high in the Red River Valley.
Today: Generous sun, a definite case of spring fever by afternoon. Winds: N 5-15. High: near 50
Tonight: Clear, star-studded skies. Low: 34
Friday: Still sunny, still quiet. High: 53
Saturday: A few high cirrus clouds, otherwise sunny and pleasant. High: 56
Sunday: Sun dimmed by a veil of high clouds, hints of spring in the air. High: 58
Monday: Patchy clouds, dry weather hangs on. High: 54
Tuesday: Partly cloudy, still quiet. High: 55
Wednesday: Sunny start, then increasing clouds. High: 53
Thursday: Mostly cloudy, growing chance of showers. High: 55
Friday: Better chance of rain, some heavy. High: 57
Saturday: Milder with showers, even a few thunderstorms. High: 62
Sunday: Drier, possibly the better day of the weekend for outdoor activities. High: 60
Monday: A mix of clouds and sun, pleasant. High: 57
Tuesday: Showery rains, possible thunder. High: 55
Wednesday: Sun should reappear, temperatures close to average. High: 54
Thursday: Sun fades, temperatures mellow a bit. High: 59
Friday: More showers, thunder can't be ruled out. High: 55
(remember, accuracy drops off gradually after 3-5 days. Anything longer than 5 days is more of a "trend" than a forecast. The forecast can change as new, more accurate data arrives, so check back often to get the latest information for an event scheduled beyond 3-5 days).