Wednesday, April 22, 2009
* Thursday - Warmest day of the week, 80's likely. Would be the first 80 degree reading of the year (average first occurs May 4th for St. Cloud) Optimistic backyard and bank thermometers may flirt with the mid 80's.
* Grills about to be fired up: Grilling Alert may be upgraded to Barbecue Warning.
* Shower/T-storm risk Thursday and Friday, some severe in southern Minnesota Friday?
* Severe Weather Awareness week is this week (April 20th-24th)
* Tornado Drill set this Thursday statewide at 1:45pm, with the exception of far NW MN because of flooding concerns.
Thursday: Warmest day of the week, breezy. Overnight storms possible. High: 81
Friday: Unsettled, still mild. Scattered showers/T-storm, some strong to severe in southern Minnesota. High: 68
Saturday: Mostly cloudy, scattered showers. Cooler. High: 54
Sunday: Lingering clouds, sprinkle. Cooler. High: 56
Monday: Spotty shower. High: 58
Tuesday: Partly sunny, shower possible. High: 60
Wednesday: Lingering clouds, cool. High: 54
Thursday: Passing clouds and sun. High: 57
Friday: An unsettled sky, risk of pm thunder? High: near 65
Saturday (May 3). Warmer, partly sunny. High: 69
Sunday: Weather maps looking warmer, sunnier. High: Near 70
Monday: Afternoon thunder? High: mid 70's
Tuesday: Cooler, lingering showers. High: mid 60's
Wednesday: Chance of a dripping sky. High: Near 60