* Clouds linger over the metro area, keeping us cooler during the day Saturday, but frost-free Saturday night.
* Patchy frost over northern half of Minnesota Saturday night, where skies have cleared - a reminder that you should wait until Mother's Day, even Memorial Day, until planting annuals.
* Storm Parade goes on: another surge of low pressure tracking across the Plains will spread a cold rain across Minnesota & Wisconsin Sunday - heaviest rains: midday and PM hours.
* .50 to .70" of rain possible Sunday, thunder can't be ruled out - good news for farmers, gardeners, anyone with a lawn in the process of greening up.
* Slight severe T-storm risk extends into far southeastern MN Sunday, near Rochester, Austin.
* Slowly drying out Monday - dry Tuesday, more showers/storms likely next Thursday/Friday.
Tonight: Clear to partly cloudy, chilly. Low: 40
Sunday: Cloudy with rain developing, heavy at times midday and early afternoon. A few thunderstorms, strong to severe far south. Winds: east 10-20+ High: 53
Sunday night: Lingering clouds, showers. Low: 41
Monday: Not as soggy: Mostly cloudy, spotty shower or sprinkle. High: 53
Tuesday: Bright sun, springlike again. High: 55
Wednesday: Sun giving way to increasing clouds. High: 57
Thursday: Growing risk of showers, possible T-storm. High: 56
Friday: Unsettled and stormy, a few strong storms? High: 58
Saturday (May 2): Damp start, becoming partly sunny. High: 61
Sunday: Mostly cloudy. High: 58
Monday: Mix of clouds and sun. High: 62
Tuesday: Some sun, humid, PM T-storm. High: 68
Wednesday: Partly cloudy, mild. High: 70
Thursday: More clouds than sun, muggy. High: 69
Friday: PM shower/T-storm. High: 71
Saturday: Unsettled, scattered T-storms around town. High: 73
* Remember, the 15-Day Outlook is more of a trend than a forecast. Accuracy drops off rapidly with time, especially during fast-moving weather patterns with strong jet stream winds. That said, numerical weather models have some "skill", some level of accuracy, going out about 14 days or so. Look more for the overall trends (getting warmer, wetter, cooler, drier, etc?) than specifics for each day beyond Day 7. This is an experimental tool - hopefully one that will become more accurate and reliable as time goes on. Stay tuned....